Agbalumo-Banana Ice cream



Agbalumo-Banana Ice cream


Quick and nice Ice cream. No special equipment required in this 3 ingredient ice cream of Agbalumo, which is composed Frozen Bananas and condensed milk.

One-ingredient ice creams are a firm favourite with me – essentially, a fruit puree that stars bananas. Frozen. Hence the texture and cream and sweet.
Now, I’m not a fan of bananas in smoothies or desserts as such, but this works out beautifully for me.
The ‘one-ingredient ice cream’ has the richness of dairy desserts and the sweetness too, yet without the making of custard, the long sets and all the other intricacies called for by true ice creams.
And all that’s required for the base is frozen, ripe bananas.
My version is a three-ingredient ice cream, with frozen bananas, Agbalumo puree and a touch of condensed milk.
I would have used my food processor except I couldn’t find the lid  and so I ended up with my blender.
To loosen up the mixture a touch, I added some condensed milk – it isn’t necessary.
I blitzed the bananas and condensed milk for a bit – till the bananas started breaking up. Then I added the agbalumo puree.
A few more seconds of blending, and I was rewarded with peach-orange ‘ice cream’.
I set this in a bowl, scrapping the sides of the blender down and clean
No churning, no aerating, nothing but a rest in the deep freezer.
Four (4) hours later – only because I had to go out (Sure it was frozen within the first couple of hours)
HERE IS MY OWN ICE CREAM



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stir Fry Pepper-soup Spaghetti

HOW TO MAKE AN AWESOME ZOBO/LEAVE DRINK 100% NATURAL!!!!!!!!

Easy Way To Prepare Catfish Pepper Soup